Goods & Service Tax
In the past pre-GST era getting a Waybill issued was a nightmare, the waybill is a document necessary for the movement of goods from one place to another. In the GST regime, the waybill is now known as e-waybill which need to be issued by the person causing the movement of goods. The E-Way Bill is mandatory in case the value of goods being supplied is equal to or more than Rs. 50,000/-, it can be generated electronically at the common portal of GST Network (GSTN) the E-way bill may be generated or canceled through SMS also.
Process of Registration
1. Visit the E-Way bill portal – https://ewaybillgst.gov.in/
2. Go to ‘Registration’ on the Home page tab -> Click on ‘e-Way Bill Registration’ available there under.
3. Enter the GSTIN and the captcha code -> Click on ‘Go’
4. Generate an OTP and verify the same. Following screen appears after following the previous steps:
1. Invoice/ Bill of supply/ Challan relevant to the consignment of goods
2. In case of Transport by road- Transporter ID or the vehicle number
3. Transport by rail, air, or ship- Transporter ID, Transport document number, and date.