A sole proprietorship also referred to as a sole trader or a proprietorship, is an unincorporated business that has just one owner. The simplicity of a sole proprietorship makes this form of business structure extremely popular among small businesses, freelancers, and other self-employed individuals.
1. Easy and inexpensive process
The establishment of a sole proprietorship is generally an easy and inexpensive process.
2. Few government regulations
Sole proprietorships adhere to a few regulatory requirements unlike other entities
3. Tax advantages
The sole proprietor pays only the personal income tax on the profits earned by the entity. The entity itself does not have to pay income tax.
Process of Registration
1. MSME registration – MSME registration or Udyog Aadhar is provided to the micro, small, and medium-sized businesses in India that comes under the Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprise Development Act, 2006 (MSMED).
2. TAN registration – TAN or the Tax Deduction Collection Number is a mandatory ten-digit number required for all persons who are supposed to pay the Tax deduction at source or TDS on behalf of the Government. The person deducting the tax at the source must deposit the deducted tax to the central Government to quote the TAN number.
3. GST registration – Depending on your nature of business and requirement, Our team will process for GST registration in the name of your sole proprietorship firm. for this you will need to provide some documents like aadhaar card, PAN card etc. This certificate will help you open a current bank account easily.
2. PAN Card
3. Aadhar Card
4. Electricity Bill or any other utility bill for the address proof
Frequently Asked Questions
Any Indian citizen can start a sole proprietorship firm.
Most local businesses are run as a Sole Proprietorship, from your grocery store to a fast food vendor, and even small traders and manufacturers. This is not to say that larger businesses do not operate as sole proprietors.
Thanks to Government of India’s digital initiatives, all registrations are completely paperless and online. We provide all services online so that you don’t need to move an inch from your office or home.
Team India will complete the process and share confirmation / certificate with you..
You can always choose to do so. The procedure is very simple. It is very common for sole proprietors to convert into partnerships and private limited companies at a later stage.
1. As a sole proprietor, you must file Income Tax Return annually.
2. Also, you need to file your GST Return if you are registered under GST.
3. A sole proprietor should also deduct TDS and file TDS return if liable for Tax Audit.
TeamIndia.co.in provides Proprietorship Registration all across India.
Don’t worry!! Our expert will help you to choose a best suitable plan for you. Get in touch with our team to get all your queries resolved. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us