Import Export Code
Import Export Code (in short IEC Code) is a ten digit number with permanent validity granted by Directorate General of Foreign Trade under Ministry of Commerce and Industry, to any bonafide person/ company for carrying out import/export. Importers are not allowed to proceed without this code and exporters can’t take benefit of exports from DGFT, customs, Export Promotion Council, if they don’t have this code.
Import Export Code Features
1. Valid for Life
An online Import Export Certificate once issued is valid for lifetime and has no expiry date. However, it requires to be renewed / updated online every year. Import Export code is valid nationwide and across all factories or branches of the organization.
2. Required by Importers
All importers who wish to import goods in India need to have a valid IE Code. IE Code must be mentioned in all relevant customs documents. Bankers would require you to have valid IEC registration for making payments abroad.
3. Required by Exporters
All exporters who export goods out of India need to have a valid IE Code. It must be quoted in relevant customs documents. Bankers would require you to have an IEC registration while receiving money from abroad from your customers.
4. No Renewal
An IEC code once applied need no renewals. Further, there are no periodic returns to be filed in respect of an IE Code.
5. IEC For Individuals
An individual may also apply for Import Export Code registration There is no restriction on you to have a business registered.
6. Quick Processing
You need not submit any proof for import or exports for applying for IEC Code. IEC Application is online process.
Process of Registration
1. Documentation – A Compliance Manager from team will get in touch with you to obtain your documents along with a simple checklist for Import Export Code registration. You need to fill up that checklist and submit along with all the required documents for processing.
2. Application – After verifying the documents, we would proceed with IEC registration formalities. We will apply for the same online in Aayaat Niryaat Form 2A (ANF 2A). All throughout the process, your dedicated Compliance Manager will keep you updated on the progress of the same
3. IEC Allotment – Once the application for IEC registration and the attached supporting documents for the Import Export Code are verified by the concerned Government Officer, the Directorate General of Foreign Trade will allow an Import Export Code registered for your business.
1. Photograph of applicant
2. Self-attested PAN Card of all directors/partners/proprietor
3. Residential Address Proof of all directors/partners/proprietor
4. Entity Pan Card (if any)
5. Cancelled Cheque Or Banker Certificate for IEC
Frequently Asked Questions
Notification No. 20/2000/RBI dated. 3rd May 2000. Applicants are also required to furnish
- Copy of Money invested report filed before the Regional Office of RBI.
- Copy of Report filed in Form FC-GPR, Part A for the issuance of shares to Regional Office of the Reserve Bank of India.
iii. If specific permission has been granted by RBI regarding Non-Resident Interest, then copy of that permission to be furnished with Application form ANF-2A.
No. However the name of each concern owned by such a company may be included in the IEC of the firm in whose name PAN exists, as a branch.
Duly filled application form along with application fee of Rs.200/ and an affidavit on stamp paper of Rs.100/- duly notarized.
No, IEC issued are not dispatched or delivered. IEC will be issued in digital format. The applicant has to take an IEC print out of the digitally signed IEC.
TeamIndia provides IEC Registration all across India.